Insurance for Personal Trainers


What insurance do fitness trainers need?
When you become a personal trainer, it is important, as with any business, that you acquire the relevant insurance.

After all, the last thing you want to do is try to help someone improve their fitness, and end up in court for a mistake or accident.

If you are a personal trainer employed in a gym or leisure centre it would be easy to assume you are covered under their insurance policy. There may be some protection in place, but if you are training on your own premises or at a third party gym you’ll want to ensure you’ve got the correct insurance. But, if you are running your own personal training business, even if you are working on someone else’s premises, you’ll want to ensure you’ve got the correct insurance.

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance is a type of insurance that is important for any business. In the case of a personal trainer, public liability insurance would be useful if somebody gets injured during a training session, then blames you (their personal trainer) and takes you to court. Public liability insurance would, ultimately, help you with any compensation claims made against you.

Public liability insurance can also protect you against any third party damage to the fitness equipment you’re using.

Although public liability insurance is not a legal requirement for personal trainers, it can definitely protect you from large costs and, in some cases, can save a business.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional indemnity insurance will ultimately cover you for anything that may have gone wrong with any advice you’ve given to the client. Injuries can build up over a period of time and professional indemnity insurance will cover you against any complaints over the advice you’ve given.

Personal Accident/Loss of earnings

This type of insurance basically covers you when you are unable to work, due to accident or illness, or another unforeseen circumstance.

For example, if you injure yourself in the gym, perhaps break a bone, you will need time off work to recover and may need to pay for physiotherapy etc. Ultimately, loss of earnings insurance, although is not a legal requirement, can give you peace of mind.

Insurance for Sports Equipment

Insurance for sports equipment will cover any damage to equipment directly used by your clients. It may be particularly beneficial to take out sports equipment insurance if you have expensive sports equipment that is stored at home.

Where to Get Your Insurance

Personal Trainer Insurance from Protectivity

Entire Training are pleased to partner with Protectivity Insurance. They can provide all of the above in a comprehensive policy at a competitive price. Policies start at £50.23 for a year’s cover and include an option to pay over a three-month, interest-free period.

Protectivity are one of the most trusted providers of personal training insurance in the business and specialise in the sports and leisure sector. They currently have over 7,000 personal trainers from around the UK on their books and can offer Entire Training graduates 10% off their first year of cover.

Personal Trainer Courses from Entire Training

At Entire Training, our personal trainer courses should cover any questions you have about fitness training insurance. We provide an Entire Training course package to help you get on the personal training career ladder.

If you have any questions, of course, please feel free to contact us online and we will be more than happy to help.

We Are Proud to work With The Following Partners and Accreditation

What insurance do fitness trainers need?